Tuesday, November 10, 2009

October 12, 2009

Friends,
Greetings from Aztec City, Mexico! I'm sure, by now, that the cold weather is starting to settle and that the snow will soon start to come. It's true, I don't particularly like driving in Snow, but how I love to watch it fall how everything looks amazingly calm and, of course, white. I definitely miss the snow. Here, hot weather is dominating the forecast, but hopefully it will last just this week because the cold is coming soon here too. Of course, it doesn't compare with the cold of Utah, but they say that it's cloudy every day, which makes for a gloomy winter. I can't think of a better way to spend a gloomy winter, than by proclaiming a Gospel which fills people with light and this week we found many people that committed to go to church. The unfortunate news is that only one of those actually made it. There are always ups and downs but I'm old enough in the mission now, to know that I simply need to keep moving along and I know that the Lord will bless me and my companion with success as we do so. We are excited for this next week because our land lord, after a miracle appearance at church last week has accepted her baptismal interview and admitted to us that she felt no need to pray to know if our message was true, because she already knew three years ago when we moved in and her brother was converted. I ask that you pray for her so that nothing can impede her progress. I wish you all the best this week. Until next week……..

No comments: