Thursday, April 30, 2009

April 6, 2009

Hey friends,General Conference was amazing!!! Woo hoo! The last three talks of the Priesthood session were just…bam! Bam! Bam! Uchtdor, Eyring, Monson. Elder Holland´s talk on the lonely path of Christ was also among my favorites. So, sorry you didn´t get an email last week…I sent one, not sure what happened. Anywho, I´ll re-send it or something and hopefully you´ll get it this time.Ixtapaluca is awesome! It was indeed sad leaving Pachuca but being here is really a testimony that the Lord knows whats best for each of us, and that we should indeed accept change, as Elder Snow said and move on.Something I loved about Conference was that, several times they mentioned the scriptures where Christ says….”fear not, I have overcome the world.” Funny enough, about three weeks ago I found it and it really helped me a lot, and I was extremely happy that I heard it so many times from several speakers…it´s true. Christ has indeed gone down that truly lonely road, and because He´s done so, we never have to be alone. In between the Sunday Sessions, we had a baptism of an awesome young girl who came to church last Sunday for the second time and it was then that we found out she was not a member. She is truly incredible because she reads the things we leave her, and she remembers it all with such clarity and underlines and truly studies and contemplates the healing power of the Book of Mormon. Her mom went to the baptism even though she wasn´t very happy about it, but the Sister who gave us the reference was there, and it she bore a pretty emotional testimony and it was something I´ll never forget, and hopefully that Denise, will also never forget.This church is true. I know it with all my heart. I know that Christ guides his Church through President Thomas S. Monson and that holding fast to the rod of iron, “the word of God,” we shall have a sure path to follow. Have a great week, and I´ll write again next Monday!Elder Dan Israel Lopez

No comments: